首页>英语>英语学习>少儿英语>英语故事>

中国成语寓言故事双语版:以羊易牛

网络2015-11-11 14:43

  One day, seated in the ancestral hall, King Hui of Liang saw a man leading an ox pass by. He asked:

  一天,梁惠王坐在庙堂上,看到堂下有一个人牵着一头牛走过,便问道:

  "Where are you taking the ox?"

  “你把牛牵到哪儿去啊?”

  The man leading the ox stopped and answered:

  牵牛的人停下来回答说:

  "I am taking it to be slaughtered and will use its blood to paint the bell."

  “我要把这头牛牵去杀掉,用它的血来涂钟。”

  As King Hui heard this, he felt pity for the ox and said:

  惠王听了,对牛十分怜悯,说:

  "How can that be done? You are too cruel. Let it go at once. It is not guilty. How can you kill it? I cannot bear to see it panic-stricken, shedding tears and trembling before its death."

  “那怎么行呢!你们太残忍了,赶快把牛放掉。它没有罪,怎么能把它杀掉呢?我不忍心看到牛临死前惊恐、流泪、战栗的样子。”

  The man leading the ox asked:

  牵牛的人问道:

  "Do you mean that I shall let the ox go and not paint the bell? Is that it?"

  “您的意思是要我把牛放了,不必再涂钟了,是吗?”

  King Hui answered:

  惠王回答说:

  "What are you saying? How can you not paint the bell! Let the ox go, but use a sheep instead."

  “你在说什么?钟怎么能不涂呢!把牛放了,就换只羊吧!”

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语