首页>英语>英语学习>少儿英语>英语故事>

伊索寓言故事双语版:下金蛋的鹅

网络2016-01-04 17:05

 新东方英语课程

  The Goose with Golden Egg

  下金蛋的鹅

  A Farmer and his wife live in a small house in the country. They are very poor. Then one day something fantastic happens.

  农夫和他的妻子住在乡下的一个小房子里,他们很贫穷,有一天,有件奇妙的事情发生了。

  Farmer: Good morning, dear.

  早上好,亲爱的。

  Wife: Good morning.I’ll fry you some eggs.

  早上好,我要为你煎一些蛋。

  The wife goes out to the barn to get some eggs. She suddenly shouts loudly to the Farmer.

  妻子到谷仓里拿蛋,突然她大声地对农夫叫了起来。

  Wife: Come out here, dear! Quickly!

  快来呀,亲爱的。快点!

  Farmer: Why? What’s the matter?

  怎么了?什么事?

  The Farmer runs out to the barn.

  农夫跑到了谷仓。

  Wife: Look at this!

  看看这个!

  Farmer: What is it?

  那是什么?

  Wife: It’s a golden egg!

  一个金蛋!

  Farmer: A golden egg?Where did you get is?

  金蛋?你从哪里来的?

  Wife: From this Goose.It laid this golden egg.

  这只鹅呀,它下的。

  Goose: Quack, quack!

  嘎,嘎!

  Farmer: I can’t believe it.It’s so shiny and beautiful.What shall we do with it?

  我简直不敢相信,这只蛋耀眼又美丽,我们怎么处理呢?

  Wife: Sell it at the market.

  把它卖到市场上。

  Farmer: Good idea.I’ll sell it and buy some meat.

  好主意,我会把它卖了,再买些肉回来。

  Wife: Yes.I’ll cook you a delicious meal tonight.

  那今晚我会为你煮一顿美味的大餐。

  Farmer: Yahoo! Thank you, Goose!

  奥,谢谢你,鹅!

  The Farmer goes to the market that afternoon and gets a good price for the golden egg. The Farmer and his Wife have a nice dinner that night, but they can’t fall asleep. They are so excited and hope that the goose will lay another golden egg tomorrow morning.

  当天下午,农夫到市场去把金蛋卖了个好价钱。农夫和妻子享用了一顿丰盛的晚餐。可是他们无法入睡,他们非常兴奋,并且希望鹅在明天早上会再下另一只金蛋。

  Goose: Cock –a –doodle-doo!!!

  咕- 咕- 咕!!!

  Farmer: Wake up, dear.Let’s see if the Goose laid another golden egg.

  起床,亲爱的,我们去看看鹅有没有再下金蛋。

  Wife: Okay. Let’s hurry.

  好,我们快去。

  The two rush out to the barn.

  他们两人冲到了谷仓。

  Farmer: Look!Another golden egg!

  看!另一个金蛋!

  Wife: Thank you, Goose.We will be rich soon.

  谢谢你,鹅,我们很快就会富起来了。

  Farmer: Yes. Thanks to the Goose.Feed it well, dear.

  是呀,多亏了这只鹅,你可要好好地喂它呀,亲爱的。

  Wife: Of course.I will feed it the best food.

  我会喂它最好的食物。

  After that, the Farmer and his Wife gave the Goose the best food. They loved the Goose. The Goose kept laying a golden egg every day. Some months later, the couple moved to a bigger house. They were very happy.

  从那以后,农夫和他的妻子给鹅吃最好的食物,他们很疼爱那只鹅。鹅继续每天下一个金蛋。几个月后,这对夫妻搬到了更大的房子里,他们非常的快乐。

  Farmer: Thanks to the Goose, we are not poor anymore.

  多亏了那只鹅,我们再也不贫穷了。

  Wife: That is true. But I’m getting curious.

  那倒是,可是我越来越好奇了。

  Farmer: About what?

  好奇什么?

  Wife: The Goose doesn’t look special.

  那只鹅看起来又不特别。

  Farmer: So what?

  那又怎样?

  Wife: But how can it lay golden eggs?

  可是它怎么能下金蛋呢?

  Farmer: Good question. Now I’m getting curious, too. Hmm…

  说的对,现在我也好奇了,嗯…

  More months passed and the Farmer and his Wife became quite rich.

  又过了几个月,农夫和他的妻子已经相当富有了。

  Farmer: We are now quite rich. Thanks to the Goose.

  我们现在已经相当富有了,多亏了那只鹅。

  Wife: Yes. But I want to get really rich fast.

  是呀,不过我想快点变得更富有。

  Farmer: How?

  那要怎么做呢?

  Wife: Think. We don’t know how the Goose lays the golden eggs. But we know where they are coming from.

  你想想,我们不知道那只鹅怎么会下金蛋,可是我们知道那些金蛋是从哪里来的。

  Farmer: We do? Where?

  我们知道吗?从哪里?

  Wife: From the Goose’s stomach, of course. So its stomach must be full of golden eggs.

  当然是从那只鹅的肚子里呀,所以它的肚子里一定装满了金蛋。

  Farmer: Perhaps. I don’t know.

  或许吧,我不知道。

  Wife: Can’t you see? We can become really rich all at once.

  你不明白吗?我们可以一夜致富呀。

  Farmer: What do you mean?

  你的意思是?

  Wife: Cut open the Goose’s stomach. Take out all of the golden eggs inside.

  剖开那只饿的肚子,拿出里面所有的金蛋。

  Farmer: You mean kill the Goose?

  你是说杀了那只鹅?

  Wife: Yes. A golden egg a day is too slow. I want to become really rich. Now!

  每天一个金蛋太慢了,我要变得非常富有,立刻!

  Farmer: But it has given us a golden egg every day. It made us rich. We can’t kill it now.

  但是它每天都给我们一个金蛋呀,他让我们富有了,现在我们不能杀它。

  Wife: Why not? Don’t you want to become richer faster?

  难道你不想快点变得更有钱吗?

  Farmer: Yes, but we are rich right now.

  想呀,可是我们现在就很有钱呀。

  Wife: Yes. But I want to become really really rich. I want to live in the city. Bring the knife from the kitchen.

  是呀,可是我想变得真的真的很有钱,我想住到城市里去。去把厨房里的刀拿来。

  Farmer: If you wish, dear.

  遵命,亲爱的。

  The Farmer brings a sharp knife from the kitchen. The Goose sees the knife and starts crying and runs away. The Wife hides the knife behind her back.

  农夫从厨房里拿出一把锋利的刀,鹅看到了刀,开始一边叫一边跑,其子把刀藏在了身后。

  Goose: Quack, quack!

  嘎嘎!

  Wife: What’s the matter, Goose? I have something delicious for you.

  怎么了,鹅?我有好吃的东西要给你呀!

  Goose: Quack, quack!

  嘎嘎!

  Wife: it’s running away! Go and catch it!

  它跑走了!去抓住他!

  Farmer: Okay, dear. Come here, Goosey.

  好的,亲爱的,过来,鹅。

  Goose: Quack, quack!

  嘎嘎!

  Wife: Catch it, catch it!

  抓住它,抓住它!

  Farmer: I got it!

  抓住了!

  Goose: Quack, quack!

  嘎嘎!

  The Farmer catches the Goose and the Wife is about to cut open its stomach.

  农夫抓住鹅,妻子准备剖开他的肚子。

  Wife: We will be really rich soon. How many eggs will there be?

  我们很快就会变得很有钱了,会有多少金蛋呢?

  Farmer: I don’t know. But there must be many. I’m getting curious now. Hurry up. Cut it open.

  我不知道,可是肯定很多,现在我越来越好奇了。快点,剖开他。

  Wife: Okay, here I go.

  好,我要下手了。

  Goose: (scream)Q-U-A-C-K!!!

  (惨叫)嘎!

  The Goose’s stomach is cut open. The Farmer and his Wife look surprised.

  鹅的肚子被剖开了,农夫和他的妻子看起来非常吃惊。

  Farmer: Where are the golden eggs?

  金蛋在哪里呢?

  Wife: I don’t know. There must be some inside. Look carefully!

  我不知道,这里头一定有一些。看仔细点!

  Farmer: There are none! What have we done?

  一个也没有,我们都干了些什么呀?

  Wife: No golden eggs?

  没有金蛋?

  Farmer: Poor Goose. We were too greedy. So we will become poor again.

  可怜的鹅,我们太贪心了,我们又会变穷。

  Wife: Poor us!

  可怜的我们!

  Farmer: Boo-hoo-hoo.

  呜-呜-呜…

  MORAL: Don’t be greedy.

  不可贪心。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语