首页>英语>英语学习>语法词汇>词汇指导>

老外最常用的10个英语习语

2019-10-16 11:15

  1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。

  You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

  你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了宗旨,我的教师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

  2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

  Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

  假如你先保存秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会十分棒的!

  3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发作,不论其是好是坏。

  I'm going to just try out for the cheer leading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

  不论结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。

  4.Lose your marbles:变得张狂。

  Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

  我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!

  5.Once in a blue moon: 稀有的。

  In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

  在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是十分稀有的。

  6.Plain as day: 清楚明了的。

  It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

  清楚明了你已经爱上她了,承认吧。

  7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

  I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

  我真是厌烦落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!

  8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

  Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

  杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。

  9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。

  Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

  振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

  10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

  She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

  她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她抑郁不已。

相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语