首页>学前>幼儿教育>趣味学习乐园>学前班英语>少儿英语>

儿童英语故事赏析:The Shadow

新东方网整理2021-04-22 22:05

  点击查看》》儿童英语故事赏析汇总

  The Shadow

  影子

  A scholar who used to live in a cold region took a trip to a place of tropical weather.

  过去生活在寒冷地区的一位学者,到热带地区旅游。

  He stayed in the house all day because it was too hot to go out.

  他整天呆在屋子里,因为外面太热了,出不了门。

  "Phew. It is so hot. I can't even go outside."At night, people came out from their houses to getfresh air.

  "唷。热死人了。我都不能去外面。"晚上,人们出来呼吸新鲜的空气。

  The scholar also went out of his house and looked around here and there.

  学者也走出了他的家,环顾四周。

  "There are a lot of people here. Now I feel better. But how come the house across the street isso quiet?"

  "这里有好多人。现在我感觉好多了。但是,街对面的房子怎么这么安静?"

  "Music flows from the house, and such beautiful flowers are in the house.

  "音乐从房子里倾泻而下,房子周围生长着美丽的花。

  There must be a pretty woman living in that house.

  这房子里一定住着一个漂亮的女人。"

  "Then, one evening."That house is quiet again.

  然后,一天晚上。"那房子又安静了。

  The only thing that moves in the house is my shadow." The scholar acted as if he was talkingto his own shadow.

  唯一能在房子里移动的东西就是我的影子。"这位学者的话就好像在跟他自己的影子说话。

  Suddenly, his shadow on the house went into the inside the house.

  突然,他在房子上的影子走进了房子里。

  The scholar was shocked.

  这位学者震惊了。

  Then, the next day. "How can I lose my own shadow? People will laugh at me.

  然后第二天"我怎么会失去自己的影子?人们会嘲笑我。

  Phew. What am I going to do? I feel awful. What am I going to do now?"

  唷。我该做些什么?我感觉很糟糕。我现在该做点什么?"

  In a tropical region, everything grew really fast.

  在热带地区,一切都很生长得很快。

  Fortunately, the scholar's shadow grew a lot in a week.

  幸运的是,这位学者的影子在一周内成长了很多。

  Then, one evening. Someone visited the scholar.

  然后,一天晚上,有人拜访了学者。"

  "Who is it? Please come in." A well-dressed gentleman came into his house.

  是谁?请进。"一个衣着考究的绅士走进他的房子。

  "Excuse me, but have we meet before?" The gentleman answered.

  "对不起,我们见过面吗?"这位先生回答道。

  "Don't you recognize me? Well, I guess you've never imagined that I would show up in front ofyou with this kind of look.

  "你不认识我吗?嗯,我想你从来没有想到我会出现在你面前。

  I have been enjoying my own life very much since I left you." "Then, you must be."

  自从我离开你,我一直很享受我的生活。"!那你一定是我的影子。

  "That's right! I am your shadow." "How amazing! How can this happen? And how are youdoing?"

  是的。我是你的影子。"!这怎么可能发生?你在做什么?"

  "I will tell you everything. But promise me one thing before I tell my story.

  "我会告诉你一切。但在我告诉你我的故事之前,答应我一件事。

  Don't you ever tell anyone that I used to be your shadow."

  你不能告诉任何人我曾经是你的影子。"

  "I promise!""I went into the house across the street and met a Goddess.

  "好,我答应你!""当我走进了街对面的房子,遇见了一位女神。

  I learned a lot of things while I was staying there with her.

  当我和她在一起的时候,我学到了很多东西。

  Then, she allowed me to live my own life all by myself.

  然后,她让我过自己的生活。

  Sometimes I gave severe punishments to bad people.

  有时我会给坏的人严厉的惩罚。

  People always welcomed me wherever I was. They just loved me."

  无论我在哪里人们总是欢迎我。他们真的爱我。"

  "Really? That's amazing! How can this happen?"

  太神奇了!这怎么会发生?

  "I've to go now. See you next time."A few years later, the shadow visited the scholar again.

  "我现在要走了。下次见。"几年后,影子又来了。

  The scholar was writing a book, but he was so sad because no one read his book.

  学者正在写一本书,因为没有人读他的书他很伤心。

  He felt tired of writing. "You look very exhausted."

  他开始对写作感到厌烦。"你看起来很疲惫!"影子说

  "No one can understand my book." "You have to take a rest. Let's go to a spa. I will pay forthe trip for you.

  "因为没人能看懂我的书。""你该休息一下了,我请你去泡泡温泉吧。

  Instead, you should be my shadow." "Oh god! Do I really have to be your shadow?"

  但是,你得做我的影子。"!"我真的要做你的影子吗?"

  After long thinking about the shadow's suggestion, the scholar decided to go on the trip and bea shadow.

  经过细致的考虑,学者决定去旅行,并成为一个影子。

  There were lots of people in the spa, and a princess was one of them.

  在温泉里有很多人,这些人当中有一个公主。

  The princess saw the shadow and thought, "He is so nice. I want to go out with him."

  公主看到了影子,心想:"他真英俊。我想和他一起出去。"

  She met the shadow. She liked him very much because he knew everything.

  她与影子约会。她很喜欢他,因为他什么都知道。

  The shadow pointed to the scholar and said, "He is my shadow. If you want to know aboutsomething, please ask him."

  影子指着那学者说:"他是我的影子。如果你想了解什么,请你问他

  "You look so smart."The princess decided to get married to the shadow.

  "你看起来很聪明。"公主决定与影子结婚。

  The shadow met the scholar and said, "I am going to marry the princess.

  影子遇见了这位学者说:"我要跟公主结婚了。

  You can come to the castle and live with us. But you have to be my shadow and have to liveunder my feet forever."

  你可以到城堡里和我们住在一起。但你必须是我的影子,你必须永远活在我的脚下。

  "No, that doesn't make any sense. You are MY shadow."The shadow put the scholar in prison, and then he told the princess.

  "不!你是我的影子。"学者说。影子把学者关进监狱里然后告诉公主。"

  "My shadow is out of his mind. He kept insisting that I am his shadow.

  我的影子疯了。他一直坚持说我是他的影子。

  There seems to be no chance of his recovery. I will help him to disappear quietly."

  他似乎已经没救了。我会帮助他悄悄消失。

  "Yes, you need to help him."The princess and the shadow finally got married.

  "是的,你需要帮助他。"公主和影子终于结了婚。

  But the scholar died in prison.

  但学者死在监狱里。

  Whatever comes your way, don't forget to keep your self-esteem.

  这个故事告诉我们:无论你的方式是什么,都别忘了保持你的自尊。

  更多内容请持续关注新东方网。

相关推荐

精品直播

首页 中考 高考 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 小学 英语 学前