首页>英语>口译翻译>综合辅导>口译>高级口译>

世卫组织总干事疫情(COVID-19)通报会上的讲话(中英对照)

CATTI考试资料与资讯2020-03-17 11:02

  WHO has clear advice for governments, businesses and individuals.

  世卫组织为政府、企业和个人提供了明确的建议。

  First, prepare and be ready.

  首先,做好准备。

  Every person must know the signs and symptoms and how to protect themselves and others.

  每个人都必须知道症状和体征,了解如何保护自己和他人。

  Every health worker should be able to recognize this disease, provide care and know what to do with their patients.

  每个医务工作者都应该能够识别这种疾病,提供医护,并知道如何处理病人。

  Every health facility should be ready to cope with large numbers of patients, and ensure the safety of staff and patients.

  每个医疗机构都应该准备好应对大批病人,并确保医务人员和病人的安全。

  Second, detect, protect and treat.

  第二,检测、保护和治疗。

  You can’t fight a virus if you don’t know where it is. Find, isolate, test and treat every case, to break the chains of transmission.

  如果不知道病毒在哪里,就无法抗击它。发现、隔离、检测和治疗每一个病例,打破传播链。

  Every case we find and treat limits the expansion of the disease.

  我们发现和治疗的每一个病例都有助于抑制疾病蔓延。

  Third, reduce transmission.

  第三,减少传播。

  Do not just let this fire burn.

  不要让疫情之火烧起来。

  Isolate the sick and quarantine their contacts. In addition, measures that increase social distancing such as cancelling sporting events may help to reduce transmission. These measures, of course, should be based on local context and risk assessment, and should be time-limited.

  隔离病人,并隔离他们的接触者。此外,增加社交距离的措施,如取消体育赛事,也会有助于减少传播。当然,这些措施应该基于当地情况和风险评估,并且应该有时间限制。

  Even if you cannot stop transmission, you can slow it down and save lives.

  即使不能阻止传播,也可以减缓传播速度,拯救生命。

  And fourth, innovate and learn.

  第四,创新和学习。

  This is a new virus and a new situation. We’re all learning, and we must all find new ways to prevent infections, save lives, and minimize impact. All countries have lessons to share.

  这是一种新的病毒和新的情况。我们都在学习,我们都必须找到新的方法来预防感染,拯救生命,并最大限度地减少影响。所有国家都有可以分享的经验教训。

  There are simple, effective things we can all do to reduce the risk of infection for ourselves and those around us.

  我们都可以做一些简单有效的事情来降低自己和周围人感染的风险。

  Clean your hands regularly with an alcohol-based rub or soap and water.

  时常用含酒精成分的免洗洗手液或肥皂和水洗手。

  Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow if you cough or sneeze.

  如果咳嗽或打喷嚏,请用肘部遮住嘴巴和鼻子。

  Stay home if you’re sick.

  如果生病,请呆在家里。

  Avoid unnecessary travel and large social gatherings.

  避免不必要的旅行和大型社交聚会。

  Comply with the advice of your local or national health authority.

  遵守当地或国家卫生当局的建议。

  Find and share reliable information.

  查询和共享可靠信息。

  And finally, you can give.

  最后,可以作出捐献。

  Together with the United Nations Foundation and the Swiss Philanthropy Foundation, WHO is today launching the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, to enable individuals and organizations to contribute.

  世卫组织与联合国基金会和瑞士慈善基金会一道,今天发起了一项COVID-19团结应对基金,个人和组织都可向其捐款。

  Until now, we have been relying mainly on governments to support the response.

  迄今为止,我们主要依靠政府为应对工作提供支持。

  We thank all those countries who have supported WHO’s Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan, including Japan, which this week contributed 155 million U.S. dollars.

  我们感谢所有支持世卫组织战略防范和应对计划的国家,包括日本。日本本周捐助了1.55亿美元。

  Now everyone can contribute.

  现在每个人都可以捐款。

  Funds raised will be used to coordinate the response, to buy masks, gloves, gowns and goggles for health workers, to buy diagnostic tests, to improve surveillance, and to invest in research and development.

  筹集的资金将用于协调应对措施,为医务工作者购买口罩、手套、防护服和护目镜,购买诊断试剂盒,改善监测,提供研发资金。

  To give to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, go to who.int, and look for the orange “Donate” button at the top of the page.

  凡向COVID-19团结应对基金捐款者,可访问世卫组织网站主页,在页面顶部点击橙色"捐款"按钮即可。

  We thank Google, Facebook and the individuals who have already contributed.

  我们感谢谷歌、脸书以及提供捐款的个人。

  Every dollar donated is a dollar towards saving lives.

  捐赠的每一美元都将用于拯救生命。

  We’re all in this together.

  让我们同舟共济,共克时艰。

  I thank you.

  谢谢大家。

相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语