首页>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>

英语听不懂 原因在这里!25句歪果仁常用习语

新东方网整理2016-03-30 10:39

  14. sell (sb) out 背叛;出卖

  French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.

  法国农场主感到在谈判中他们被政府出卖了。

  15. sell sb (on sth) 说服某人(做某事)

  OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.

  好吧,你说服我了。我跟你一起去。

  16. blow sb away 使(某人)大为惊讶;令(某人)非常高兴

  The ending will blow you away.

  结局会让你无比惊喜。

  17. blow smoke 蒙人,骗人,放烟雾弹

  I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.

  我没骗你,我真的读过托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》。

  18. couldn't care less (表示强调)一点也不在乎

  - That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.

  - 那人从商店偷了一瓶葡萄酒。

  - Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.

  - 是吗?我一点都不关心这个。

  19. chuffed to bits 高兴,兴奋

  Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.

  嗨,谢谢你的礼物!我很喜欢。

  20. feel under the weather 生病;觉得不舒服

  I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.

  我觉得有点不舒服——可能是感冒了。

  22. a stone's throw 很短的距离,掷石之遥

  The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.

  小屋离海只有一箭之遥。

  23. hear (sth) on/through the grapevine

  从传闻中听说;通过道听途说获悉;听小道消息知道

  I heard on the grapevine that he was leaving - is it true?

  我听到传闻说他要离开了——是真的吗?

  24. sit on the fence 骑墙观望,犹豫不决

  You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on.

  你不能再骑墙观望了——你必须决定支持谁。

  25. take sth with a pinch of salt 对……半信半疑,对……有所怀疑

  You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt, she does tend to exaggerate.

  你不能完全相信她的话,她总是喜欢夸大其词。

(编辑:何莹莹)

相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语