首页>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>

总是找不到美剧中的笑点?美剧最常说的10句俚语

沪江2017-04-18 11:07

  美剧里最常用的俚语,这次先和大家分享10句。看看你认识几个~

  1、LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY

  放飞自我

  to let others see your uniqueness

  让别人看到你的不同(放飞自我,张扬个性)

  例:

  My colleagues were surprised at the Christmas party- I let my freak flag fly and showed them a break dance routine.

  我的同事都很惊讶我在圣诞舞会上的表现——放飞自我,展示了霹雳舞。

  2、GET OUT OF HAND

  失控

  when you lose control of things, they get out of hand

  当你是对事情失去控制了,就叫失控

  例:

  The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.

  当宾客们开始朝对方互扔瓶子时,这个派队就失去控制了。

  3、GET YOUR HEAD AROUND IT

  理解,相信

  to understand something

  知道,了解

  例:

  I just can't get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.

  我只是难以相信Joe已经离开我们这个事实罢了。

  4、POUND THE PAVEMENT

  徘徊街头找工作

  to walk the streets looking for a job

  穿梭街头找工作

  例:

  I'd been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.

  我已经在街头徘徊数月了,终于在一家快餐店找到了一份工作。

  5、PULL A RABBIT OUT OF A HAT

  出其不意

  to do something unexpected that may have seemed impossible

  做看起来不可能的并且无法预料到的事情

  例:

  I thought we were going bankrupt, but my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.

  我本来以为我们要破产了,但是,我的合伙人出乎意料的完成了不可能的是事情,我们签了一个大合同。

  6、STEP UP YOUR GAME

  迎头赶上

  to start performing better

  开始表现的更好

  例:

  If you want to win this competition, you'll have to step up your game.

  如果你想要赢得这场比赛,你得加把劲了。

  7、SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

  要么好好干,要么走人

  either start performing better or leave

  表现好一些,否则离开

  例:

  This is the last time I'm telling you to arrive on time. Shape up or ship out.

  这是我最后一次警告你准时到达。你要么好好干,要么走人!

  8、BY THE SKIN OF YOUR TEETH

  勉强做成某事

  When you do something by the skin of your teeth, you only just succeed/ nearly fail

  你刚好一点点成功了/你差一点点就失败了

  例:

  I hadn't studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.

  我没有学很多,但是我低分飘过考试。

  9、ONCE IN A BLUE MOON

  千载难逢

  when something rarely ever happens

  指某事几乎不发生

  例:

  We used to see him all the time, but now he just visits us once in a blue moon.

  我们过去常常看见他,不过,现在他几乎不来找我们了。

  10、PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER

  恢复镇静

  to calm down and behave normally

  平静下来,表现正常

  例:

  I understand you've had a bad day, but pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?

  我知道你今天过得挺糟糕的,但是你得平静下来,继续你得工作,可以吗?

(编辑:何莹莹)

相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语