美文欣赏:路坑与酸酸糖(双语)
互联网2019-08-20 10:18
and needing replacing.
需要替换
Or, think how this tiny pothole saved you from another more serious pothole down the road,
或者,想想看,或许这个小小的路坑让你免于掉进前面的另一个路坑,或者可能更加危险
or see it as a challenge to be a crying shoulder for a friend
或者,将此视为一种挑战,挑战你是否能成为供朋友哭泣的臂膀
or a trusted listener to people's issues
能否成为遇到麻烦的他人的忠实听众
because you have survived these potholes .
因为你是从路坑中走出来的幸存者
It's all in the way you respond.
关键就在于你应对的态度
Now, I don't know about you
现在,我可能不认识你
but I think it takes some training and self discipline
但我觉得,你可能需要长期的自我训练和自律
to be able to smile
才能微笑应对
and skip away from a "flat tire by a pothole" kind of day,
才能忘记这样“被一个路坑扎破轮胎”的日子
but you can do it!
但我相信你能做到!
It's not easy everyday,
想要每天如此并非易事
and some potholes are bigger and deeper than others...
有些路坑比你见过的更大,更深
the days you want to kick and scream
有些日子,你只想双脚乱踢,想要尖叫
and cry and shake your fist at life and accuse it.
想要痛苦,想要对生活挥舞你的拳头,想要诅咒生活
The struggle is real, I know firsthand .
我已经在你之前知晓,你会真切的感受到生活的折磨
Suffering with my disease and illnesses,
于自己的大病小病斗争
I have no choice but to respond to those rough days,
我不得不直面那些艰难的日子,除此别无选择
the days you wish you could have a do over
有些日子,你只想重新来过
with a positive outlook
带着更为积极的态度
and remind yourself that it's a part of life.
提醒自己,这只是生活的一部分
And you know what is even better,
你知道更好的是什么吗
pushing through those seemingly impossible days,
当你熬过那些看似无法熬过的艰难日子
makes those "perfect" days all the more delicious...
会让那些“完美”的日子更加美味
it reminds me of sour ball candy.
这让我想到了酸酸糖
At first it's so sour
一开始你只觉得太酸了
and tingles your tongue
你舌头打结
and you pucker
你龇牙咧嘴
and struggle to keep it in your mouth,
克制自己不把糖吐出去
but if you push through for a few seconds,
但如果你能坚持几秒钟
you find yourself beginning to enjoy the second layer of the candy
你会发现,自己已经开始品味这颗糖深层的滋味
because it is sweet and tasty
因为它十分甜美可口
and brings pleasure to your taste buds
让你的味蕾倍感愉悦
and you realize that it was a great piece of candy after all.
你最终意识到,说到底,这的确是一颗滋味绝赞的糖果!
相关推荐