福克斯新闻又出辱华事件 皆因美国大选!
每日秀2016-10-10 14:17
而正是因为如此,我们就不难理解为什么美籍华人能掀起惊动全美的抗议活动,并且还有许多白人出来力挺了。
字幕如下:
PART ONE:
…… on the O’Reilly Factor earlier this week was more than just inappropriate. It was offensive andracist.
这周早些时间在《奥莱利时间》上播出的内容已经不仅仅是“不合适”了。这非常无礼,而且是充满种族主义。
PART TWO:
Because this is a very serious matter.
因为这件事真的很严重。
First of all, before I was comptroller I spent 8 years as Manhattan Borough President and spent a lot of time working with the leadership of the China Town Community.
首先,在我成为监察官之前,我曾担任了8年的曼哈顿区长,我花了相当长的时间和中国城的领导者们一起工作。
And what is in this disgraceful video in noway reflects the Asian community and the good people of China Town.
这则可耻视频里的内容完全不能反映亚裔族群,也不能反映中国城里这些好人的面貌。
I wanna make that very clear. This video was a fantasy, a figment of disordered imagination, part of the continuing dialog that speaks to the worst in the American people.
我要把这讲得非常清楚。这个视频完全是痴人说梦,一个扭曲的臆造,它展现的是美国人民中最恶劣的一部分,而这种言论却一直存在着。
That by the way is the Trump candidacy and that’s what it’s all about. And it came through very clear.
而话说回来,这就是川普立场,这就是他的观点。这是明摆着的。
We reject this. We think this is racist. Wethink this is wrong. We think this goes against everything Americans are supposed to believe in.
我们对此坚决抵制。我们认为这是种族主义。我们认为这是错误的。我们认为这已经违背了美国人应该坚信的一切。
PART THREE:
We urge News Corp. to hold their anchorsand correspondents accountable.
我们强烈要求新闻台追究他们主播与记者的责任。
We demand an apology, not regret.
我们要求他们道歉,而不是“表示遗憾”。
And we demand that Bill O'Reilly discontinuethe 'Watters' World' segment.
而且我们要求比尔·奥莱利终止《沃特斯的世界》这个栏目。
PART FOUR:
You know that they think the people who don’t speak English…… you can make fun of them because they don’t know what you’re saying.
这些人觉得那些不讲英语的人……觉得因为他们听不懂你说什么你就可以取笑他们。
How would you like it if somebody did thatto someone that you’re related to who happens to be white?
如果有人对你的白人亲朋好友这么做,你会怎么想?
It’s not humor.
这不是幽默。
It’s, you know, sarcasm is the lowest formof win.
这,怎么说呢,讥讽是最下作的胜利。
It shows, it reflects very poorly on Fox.
而福克斯应该为此感到羞耻。
PART FIVE:
I think, you know, Bill O’Reilly really got it wrong when he said that those people are so patient.
我认为,嗯,当比尔·奥莱利说这些人“很有耐心”的时候,他真的搞错了。
Actually we are not patient. This is…… We’re almost at 2017 now.
实际上,我们并没有耐心。我是说,我们现在都快到2017年了。
And Chinese-Americans are no longer patient when it comes to this kind of offense.
而当这种侮辱性事件发生的时候,华裔美国人已经不会再保持耐心了。
So we will speak out and we won’t be patient and we won’t be quiet.
所以,我们会大胆地说出来,我们不会保持耐心,也不会保持缄默。
And that’s the reality of the future.
而这将是未来的常态。
话说,这已经不是福克斯新闻第一次闹出辱华事件了,辱华似乎已经成了它的传统。
那我们不禁要发问了,它为什么要这么作死?
在我们的印象中,欧美媒体似乎非常重视“客观公正”这个价值,那为什么会出现福克斯新闻这样的奇葩?答案是两个单词——Internet Era(互联网时代)。
在从前电视当道的年代,所有的节目都是面向所有人的,一家电视台若想抓住尽可能多的观众,最佳的策略就是不偏不倚。
而现在进入了互联网时代,它有一个特点就是decentration(去中心化),每个人都有自己的途径来获取信息,而且这些途径变得越来越便捷,于是媒体也跟着变了,一些媒体选择只服务一些特定人群,并通过满足他们的特殊需求来将他们培养成铁杆粉丝。
而福克斯新闻的主要服务对象就是美国白人中的极端保守派,有时它甚至表现出一种white supremacy(白人至上主义)的色彩。
这些受众中的大部分的共同特点是:白人、蓝领、低收入。这些人往往没什么知识可言,并喜欢把就业问题、收入问题、教育问题等等等等都归咎到外国和外来人口上,“自己不上进”这个因素从来都不在他们的考虑范围内。
是不是听着很耳熟?对,这就是川普的铁杆选民嘛。所以当你得知福克斯新闻支持川普的时候,也就不奇怪了。说得准确点,它支持的是共和党里的far-right(极右翼派),而川普就是其中的典型。
事实上,福克斯新闻的风格真的太过奇葩,有的旅美华人说它简直就是magic realism(魔幻现实主义),而奥巴马曾经甚至说福克斯新闻是白宫的敌人。
(编辑:何莹莹)
相关推荐