首页>英语>英语学习>职场英语>英文简历>

简历中有这9大坑 看看你中枪了?

沪江2018-03-05 16:19

  在招聘季,大公司HR每天要看几百份简历,差不多10-20秒就能看完一个人的职业档案。

  简历是你给潜在雇主的第一印象,但很多人往往不知道,简历中有这9大坑,你的雇主可不会录用你哦~

  1、语法错误

  简历里的语法错误和拼写错误可能是导致雇主降低你印象分的首要原因。

  Grammatical errors and misspellings may be the number-one cause of employer frustration with resumes.

  根据2013年CareerBuilder的调查显示,58%的雇主表示,简历错误是他们没有雇用员工的最大原因之一。

  According to a 2013 CareerBuilder survey, 58 percent of employers said resume typos were one the biggest reasons they did not hire employees.

  2、不断重复同一个词语

  在简历中大标题陈述你做过的“贡献”,可能还行得通。

  Saying you “contributed” content to a company newsletter is fine the first time.

  但如果在第二行,你还在继续写为达到销售会议的目标做出了“贡献”,你未来的雇主可能就会开始目光呆滞,不太耐烦了。

  However, if you say you also “contributed” to sales meeting objectives in the second line, your future employer's eyes might start to glaze over.

  尝试在简历中使用各种动词:比如你发起了...的头脑风暴,你提出了...计划,你设法做成了…事情

  Change up your action verbs: You brainstormed, you initiated, you managed ....

  3、文字过多

  太多的文字象征着混乱的头脑——拥挤的页面会让人读起来十分头痛。

  Too much text is a sign of a cluttered mind—and a crowded page is a headache to read.

  要让你的简历简明扼要。

  Keep your resume succinct and to the point.

  但是要把一些你没有意识到,但十分有用的隐形技能好好包装一下。

  But do play up these job skills you didn't know you had.

  比如:做事“有态度/有逼格”、“(完成工作/任务)超出预期”、“处理事情灵活、不善于变通”、“有手腕、有策略”、“老练得体”、“人脉、交际广泛”、“有领导力”、“懂得感恩”、“快速学习的能力”。

  在这里,不得不提一下:

  领英发布的2017年用户简历流行词榜单:十大热词占据前四位的是“擅长”、“丰富的经验”、“技能”以及“领导力”。

  相应地,中国本土四大热词依次为“擅长”、“丰富的经验”、“领导力”和“责任感”。

  大家可以根据工作岗位把这些关键词融合到自己的简历里。

  4、花里胡哨的设计

  不要使用浮夸的镂空字体、明亮的颜色和锋利的图形设计你的简历。

  Do not design your resume using bubble letters, bright colors, and edgy graphics.

  除非你是下一个安迪·沃霍尔(Andy Warhol),或者你的职业生涯需要使用到动态视觉效果,否则的话,尽量让你的简历易于阅读和理解。

  Unless you are the next Andy Warhol, or your career requires dynamic visuals, keep your resume easy to read and follow.

  你的创意可以等到被雇用后尽情展示和发挥。

  You can demonstrate your originality as soon as you are hired.

  5、在简历上弄虚作假



  撒谎/弄虚作假(甚至是撒小谎)从来不是获得工作的有效途径。

  Lying (even fibbing) is never the way to secure a job.

  你是在投机取巧,这很有可能会被抓个现行。

  You are taking the chance of being caught.

  如果被发现,你不仅会被认定为骗子,还会信誉受损。

  Not only are you pegged as a liar, but you also risk your reputation.

  有的甚至会被加入招聘黑名单。

  谁知道业内还有哪些HR会收到“不要录用你”的消息呢?就因为你曾经在简历上撒过的一个谎?

  Who knows who else in your industry that employer might warn about your deceit?

  6、多个职位共用一个简历

  如果你正在申请市场营销方面的工作,不必把你高中时当女服务员的经历也写上。

  If you are applying for a marketing job, do not list your time as a waitress in high school.

  你应当好好考虑你的工作经历,并为你申请的每项工作定制不同简历。

  Think about your work history, and tailor your resume for each job to which you apply.

  7、罗列过多与工作无关的技能

  你的简历上写着“会拉小提琴,吹长笛,还会弹竖琴和钢琴!”

  You can play the violin, harp, flute, and the piano!

  虽然这很棒,但你未来的雇主并不需要知道这些内容。

  While that is fantastic, your future employer does not need to know.

  你列出来的技能应该与你正在申请的工作有关。

  Your skills should be relevant the job you are applying for.

  8、社交媒体账号

  除非你的工作(如社交媒体管理者、新媒体运营等)与社交媒体息息相关,否则没人需要知道你的微博、微信或QQ账号。

  Unless it is essential to your job (say, a social media manager) no one needs to know your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter account handles.

  你的社交媒体信息占用了宝贵的简历空间,并可能让你看起来不太像个认真的应聘者。

  Your social media information takes up valuable resume space, and could make you look like a less serious candidate.

  而且毫无疑问,你肯定要确保你在社交媒体上没有发布过某些可能会让你的雇主对你产生怀疑的信息。

  And it almost goes without saying that you’ll want to make sure you’re not posting any information on social media that could give your employer doubts about you.

  9、罗列参考资料

  在简历上写上“可根据要求提供相应资料”,可能会让你看起来十分有距离感。

  Listing references on your resume, or writing “references available upon request,” makes you look out of touch.

  如果有需要,HR会要求你提供相关资料。

  Employers will ask you if they want a reference.

  或者,把你的资质证书和相关资料以附件的形式放在简历里。

(编辑:何莹莹)

相关推荐

首页 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 英语