首页>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>

经典美文英语短篇:英语美文摘抄《舒婷《致橡树》》

新东方网整理2020-04-02 21:21

  每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!

  Ode to the Oak—Shu Ting

  If I fall in love with you—

  我如果爱你——

  I will never resemble clambering trumpet creeper,

  绝不像攀援的凌霄花,

  To flaunt myself by your high branches.

  借你的高枝炫耀自己;

  If I fall in love with you—

  我如果爱你——

  I will never imitate spoony birds,

  绝不学痴情的鸟儿,

  To repeat simple melody for green shade.

  为绿荫重复单调的歌曲;

  I will not only resemble a wellspring,

  也不止像泉源,

  To bring you cool consolation perennially;

  常年送来清凉的慰籍;

  I will not only resemble steepy mountains,

  也不止像险峰,

  To increase your altitude or set off your dignified manner.

  增加你的高度,衬托你的威仪。

  Even not only sunlight,

  甚至日光。

  Even not only spring rain,

  甚至春雨。

  No, these are not enough!

  不,这些都还不够!

  I must be a kapok beside you,

  我必须是你近旁的一株木棉,

  As an image of tree I stand with you.

  做为树的形象和你站在一起。

  Our roots hold tightly in the earth,

  根,紧握在地下,

  Our leaves touch gently in the clouds.

  叶,相触在云里。

  As each breeze passes, we salute each other,

  每一阵风过,我们都互相致意,

  But no one understand our own words.

  但没有人,听懂我们的言语。

  You have your iron trunk and copper branch

  你有你的铜枝铁干,

  Like a knife, a sword and a halberd as well;

  像刀,像剑,也像戟,

关注新东方网服务号
免费获取初、高中英语学习干货
新东方网二维码

1、长按二维码【保存图片】或【截屏】保存;
2、打开微信,点击右上角【+】选择【扫一扫】,安卓手机点击右上角【…】选择【从相册选取二维码】苹果手机点击右上角【相册】
3、识别成功后,点击【关注公众号】即可。

最热推荐

相关推荐

首页 中考 高考 考研 四六级 留学 托福 雅思 GRE GMAT SAT ACT 小学 英语 学前